"it may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. we are like eggs at present. and you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. we must be hatched or go bad. " -c.s. lewis

Saturday, May 19, 2012

moving myself

so, since april 30th ive been doing this timeline thing where i keep track of what i do each day. just list form. i dont write down every minute detail of my day but the major things i do. the purpose of this is to get an idea of where exactly i allocate my time. i have stated to myself that the reason why i do not write everyday is because i do not have the time. well, in less than 21 days straight of doing this timeline i can clearly see that it is not time that i do not have. what i do not have is consistency and self movement. i have time. i have time to do whatever the fuck i want. the question is, what the fuck is that i am currently wanting to do. and i see that it hasnt been to move myself to write and express myself to assist myself and any others in this process we are all going through. it has been to make more money. and this is not to say that i work all day long. i do have three jobs and i work often however one of those jobs is as a nanny for my niece. this hardly feels like work ever. just something that needs to be done that i am doing. and also more family members are currently around to help out with my niece more often. so its not that i work all day long but my focus is on work and contracting events. i know that where i am currently living i cannot stay. i currently live with my sister in a two bedroom home. my niece is growing quickly and will need a place for herself here soon. and that place is the place that i am currently living in as it is my sister who owns this home. and i need to prepare to be able to assist and support myself when the time comes for my to be "out on my own" again. there is no rush and i am not being pushed out and the practicality for my to stay is currently here and seen by myself and my sister but i know what i will have to do here soon. and so i have been focused on making more money. that and keeping up with other people. many around me are having children or have children and i really enjoy children :) so i am spreading myself a bit trying to be "there for" and accessible to everyone around me. basically, i am pushing myself and my process to the side and its simply by my lack of self movement and self allocation. not a lack of time.

so, now that i see this and realize what it is that my participation, or lack there of, presents me with (the idea that i "dont have time". of which i accepted and allowed as truth. this idea is not.), i move myself to keep my timeline going where i write what i do each day to see the adjustmentsin the allocation of my time. i also make a commitment to myself to write each day. nothing specific. just self movement to not put process on a back burner. i will start with 21 days of this. and move to implement it as 'how i move myself' from that point of consistency.

1 comment:

  1. Cool Self Directive Support Tree - and suggest to hear Anu's Interview, "the Quantum Time Illusion", he speaks directly about this experience of 'no time' and practically support for ourselves within realizing what you have shared here. Thanks for sharing - cool to see you write!:)

    ReplyDelete